Here they are! The very GFCF Sugar Cookies that I made for the Gutzy Gear Party this weekend. This recipe is an old favorite of mine; originally printed from cookierecipe.com in 2000. The original recipe was called “Drop Sugar Cookies.” Here’s my GFCF version –
Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Sugar Cookies (Nicholas Rating = 100 Thumbs Up!)
1 cup organic vegetable shortening
1 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups Celeste Clevenger’s gluten-free flour mix*
1/4 tsp konjac powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream sugars, oil, shortening. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until nearly white.
3. Add flour, konjac powder, baking soda and cream of tartar.
4. Roll into 1-inch little balls. Roll in white sugar and flatten with palm of your hand.
5. Bake for approximately 12 minutes, less if you make the cookies smaller.
*Celeste’s Gluten-Free Flour Mix = a blend of brown rice flour, white rice flour, sweet rice flour, and white bean flour. (All flours are from Bob’s Red Mill. This recipe, found in Celeste’s Best Allergen Free Recipes for Everyday Cooking and Baking yields 5 1/2 cups of flour mix.)