If your schedule is hectic, you live in a more rural area, or you just want to save some money, you may want to consider shopping online for GFCF foods. In order to accomplish GFCF shopping online, all you need is a computer, Internet capabilities and a credit or debit card. Do remember that you should still check ingredient lists for anything you purchase to be sure that something labelled “Dairy-Free” actually doesn’t contain casein or that there isn’t other allergens in products that you don’t wish to consume, like corn.
Here are 6 websites to help you get going –
1. Amazon – their selection of specialty foods is growing all the time. If you purchase things under their Subscribe & Save program you can even have scheduled deliveries and free shipping every time! (This is a great plan for purchasing things like flours that you know you will use and can freeze until you do.)
2. Gluten-Free Mall for Gluten-Free Foods – this site is linked to celiac.com and has everything from cookbooks to food to vitamins. Join their mailing list and you’ll get regular coupons and discounts sent to your inbox!
3. Savorfull – this is one of a few companies that will send you a box of allergen-free goodies each month for a flat rate. (I will be reviewing this company very soon here on the blog!)
4. Penzey’s Spices – an amazing variety of spices available in many formats from gift boxes to individual containers. I think I could spend a LOT of money with them! (It’s tough to choose only a few things because everything sounds so good.)
6. Katz Gluten Free – this site has mostly bakery items that are gluten-free. They allow you to search by specific allergy which is great. And, you can even order sample boxes for only the price of shipping!
Got any others you’d like to add? Please mention them in the comments below so others can enjoy them too. Thanks!