Before I went on the gluten-free, casein-free diet, I was known among my friends for making amazing Snickerdoodle cookies. You know, the kind where you can’t eat just 7? The original recipe is called “Mrs. Sigg’s Snickerdoodles” and I downloaded it 12 years ago from cookierecipe.com!
So, this week I’m playing around with a new ingredient, called Konjac Powder, so I thought I’d try it with the Snickerdoodle recipe. And, well, according to Nicholas’ Thumbs Up Rating, he is giving these “a quadrillion thumbs up!” Hope you enjoy them too!
GFCF Snickerdoodles (Nicholas Rating = Quadrillion Thumbs Up!)
1 cup organic vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/4 tsp Konjac Powder
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together the shortening, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, the eggs, and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, konjac powder, cream of tartar, soda, and salt.
3. Mix the 2 Tbsp white sugar and the 2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. Shape dough into small balls (a little smaller than a golf ball). Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
5. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set, but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
Yield = approximately 36 cookies