It’s summer in Southern California and that means surfing! Nicholas enjoyed a week of Surf Camp and the weather couldn’t have been better. It’s also time to list my 7 Recipes I love for July.
These are the ones we have been enjoying this month, and I hope you will too!
1. Creamy Cashew Pasta Salad – what is it about cold pasta salad and summer? They just go together, beautifully. And, a GFCF version is even better!
2. Shredded Beef Tacos – my son asked me to make “tacos like they have at Chipotle” and this recipe really delivers. It can be made in a crock pot too, so it doesn’t heat up your kitchen. My husband and Nicholas couldn’t stop raving about these!
3. Coconut Cajun Shrimp – I’ll admit it…I have a definite weakness for recipes that include both coconut AND shrimp! This one is extra special because it’s spicy to boot.
4. Gluten-Free Crepes – yes, you can make crepes with coconut flour! Another fun item for summer because you can stuff them full of all the fruit that is in season now.
5. Paleo Hungry Man Sweet Potato Casserole – another hearty meal that you can cook in the crock pot. Crock pot cooking is really great for summer, especially if you are very busy. Dinner is waiting for you in the evening, after a little bit of prep in the morning; fabulous!
6. Asian Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce – chicken on a stick…doesn’t that just scream SUMMER? I’ve seen the prepared, marinated skewers at the store and realized there’s too much junk in the marinade (including MSG and gluten usually). So, I was so thrilled to see such a yummy recipe to make my own.
7. Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free Donuts – “But, Mom! I really miss donuts!” Nicholas was super excited to find out that he could eat these donuts and not violate the GFCF Diet.