Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Roasted Bananas are a simple way to both use bananas that are starting to get too brown and make a tasty snack! I adapted the recipe from the cookbook, Melissa’s Everyday Cooking with Organic Produce: A Guide to Easy-to-Make Dishes with Fresh Organic Fruits and Vegetables. I served these as an accompaniment to a chicken dinner that I made last week and they were splendid. My husband kept asking for more of them. They are so easy to make and yet so satisfying. What more could you ask for? My husband gave these 20 Thumbs Up!
GFCF Roasted Bananas (Husband Rating = 20 Thumbs Up!)
canola oil spray
3 ripe bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp brown sugar
Optional garnish – toasted pecan halves (see instructions below)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with canola spray. Add bananas in a single layer, cut side up.
3. Sprinkle lime juice over all bananas. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; dot the coconut oil spread pieces all over bananas.
4. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly glazed.
5. If you wish, garnish bananas with toasted pecan halves.
(How to toast pecans – place pecan halves in a single layer on a cookie sheet that has an edge on it. Toast in middle of a 350-degree oven for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Keep an eye on them because they can burn quickly. Cool before using.)