I did it! I converted my all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe into a gluten-free, casein-free delight! A non-GFCF friend of mine tried one and asked me for the recipe after she raved about it! (That’s true success!) Nicholas and I enjoyed baking these together on the morning of July 4th. Hope you will enjoy eating them as much as we did! Nicholas gave them 1000 Thumbs Up!
A great tip, if you want to keep your homemade cookies fresher for a longer time – freeze about 6-9 at a time in Ziploc bags or containers. Then, simply defrost as you need them; although, I also enjoy them a little frozen too!
Gluten-Free Casein-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (Nicholas Rating = 1000 Thumbs Up)
2 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup organic vegetable shortening
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 package dairy-free chocolate chips (we used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy & Soy Free)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, xantham gum, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable shortening, sugars, vanilla, and eggs; mix well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop from teaspoon, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Yield = about 6 dozen cookies.