I’ve decided to ask my readers to submit ideas for names for this recipe. The original recipe that inspired me was from the Joy of Cooking: 75th Anniversary Edition – 2006 and was titled “Eggs Baked in Bacon Rings” – a descriptive, but very boring title! I’ve tweaked the original recipe a bit, but feel it needs a more interesting name. That’s where you come in – please submit your recipe title suggestions to me (via the Comments section below), by midnight on May 8, 2012. Then, I’ll have my son and husband vote on the best title and announce the winner in a post on Wednesday, May 9th! You may wish to make the recipe first to give you even greater inspiration in creating a title for it.
*Unnamed Egg Recipe* (Nicholas Rating = 10 Thumbs Up!)
Strips of bacon (one for each egg you intend to cook)
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Egg(s) – as many as you intend to eat
1 tsp melted ghee (aka: clarified butter)
Canned peach slices, drained
Parsley, for garnish (optional)
Canola Oil Spray
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Saute bacon lightly.
4. Sprinkle a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper in bottom of each muffin cup you are using.
5. Drop in one egg (white and yolk) into each muffin cup so that it is in the middle of the bacon.
6. Pour melted ghee over top of each egg.
7. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
8. Bake for about 15-17 minutes or until eggs are set. Turn them out onto nest of peach slices. Garnish with parsley.