Wow! Where has the summer gone? It’s hard to believe that Nicholas will head off to school next week already. (The photo is of him clowning around at the TACA Picnic this summer; he has a bit of a mustache fetish.) It’s been a busy month around here, but I did manage to find 8 Recipes I Love for August. Here they are -
1. GFCF Almond Flour Biscuits from Ask Georgie.com – these work great as a side bread for dinner or even as a mini sandwich.
2. Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing from Food Lush – it was so great to find a tasty, dairy-free ranch dressing. It’s also gluten-free, so it would be a great option to serve with carrots.
3. Homemade Food Coloring from Melis Ann at HubPages – one of the toughest things about baking cakes or cupcakes is that if you want to avoid dyes and colors, you have to use either vanilla or chocolate frosting. But, check out these fruit-based colors!
4. Gluten-Free Ground Beef Hash from Elegantly Gluten Free – here’s an easy recipe that is definitely casein-free and very easy for a weeknight meal.
6. Cinnamon Sweet Potato Ice Cream with Toasted Walnuts by Paleo OMG! – here’s a new twist on ice cream that is dairy-free and gluten-free but perfect for these last few weeks of summer heat.
7. Watermelon Gazpacho with Lime by Gluten-Free Goddess – here’s a great way to make use of all the cheap watermelon out there and enjoy a nice cool soup in the heat.
8. Gingerbread Protein Pancakes by Healthful Pursuit – a tasty variation on the old breakfast classic, pancakes. This is not only gluten and casein-free, but is also good for those who need to limit their sugar intake.